The Campground is one of the best reasons to return to Bluesfest. More than just a vibrant community, new friends and amazing unexpected moments, the campground offers a campers cafe (serving hot breakfasts, coffee, milk, ice and other limited items), amenities such as toilets & showers and a relaxed environment to collect yourself between all of the amazing experiences.
- Just bring yourself, your mates, your family and your camping set up.
- Caravans, motor homes, camper trailers, anything being towed, or vehicles between 5.5 and 9.5 metres must purchase a large Vehicle Pass.
- There’s also the option to book a pre-built tipi, tent motel or more on-site.
A regular camping ticket must be purchased before you can add on any of the following items
Available for Camping ticket holders only. For a hassle and stress free Bluesfest, book your accommodation in one of the popular Tent Motels – pre set up tents, complete with an awning, carpet, 12v light, and stretcher beds and roll up windows– all you need to bring is your bedding.
If you’re planning on coming empty handed, no need to stress. You can hire bedding and table and chairs from Tent City here.
Available for Camping ticket holders only. Rainbow Tipis aim to add that something special to the Bluesfest experience. Comfortable Tipis with good head room allow guests to kick off their boots and stretch out their legs. Our Tipi Tents are pre-set-up tents that include comfortable single foam mattresses on a quality stretcher camp bed, a floor, a bedside table and an LED lantern. Just bring your own bedding.
Available for Camping ticket holders only. For a hassle and stress free Bluesfest, book your accommodation in one of the popular Glamping Tents. Our pre-set-up tents include comfortable foam mattresses on a custom-made pallet base, a floor rug, a side table, chair & clothes hook. You also receive fresh towels with quality bed linen and pillows, a light, and toiletries on arrival, as well as access to BBQ facilities, communal lounge, coffee & tea station, staff onsite, VIP toilets and showers.
Site & Vehicle Camping
Camper trailers, caravans, motorhomes or vehicles between 5.5m – 9.5m, or anything being towed (eg. Caravans, Camper and all trailers) REQUIRE a Large Vehicle Pass.
- This ticket is on top of your festival and camping tickets and is per vehicle (not per person like the camping ticket).
- There is no designated area for large vehicles. Large vehicles are placed around the campgrounds and will not necessarily be in an area that matches your ticket.
- Please note that small generators are permitted until 10pm.
- Vehicle bigger than the size quoted when booking your Large Vehicle Camping ticket will be refused entry to camp.
- The maximum vehicle size allowed on the Bluesfest site is 9.5m. Vehicle over this size will be refused entry
- Please note: Absolutely no camping vehicles of any kind will be allowed to park in the Bluesfest car park (including Wicked Vans) before or after hours. Violating vehicles will be towed.
There are plenty of options in the heart of Byron Bay or in one of the surrounding towns. Our Travel page will tell you how far any of the surrounding towns are to the festival. Check out some of the great hotels, motels and other rental providers we’ve scouted availability for below. Booking as early as possible is recommended.
- Ballina Comfort Inn ・ 02 6686 2922
- Ballina Palms Boutique Motel ・ 02 6686 4477
- Lennox Beach Resort ・ 02 6618 0000
- Ramada Ballina ・ 02 6618 1000
- Tweed Central Motel ・ (07) 5536 6620
- Tweed Water Motel ・ (07) 5524 7367
- Mantra Twin Towns ・ 1300 092 872
- Tweed Heads Vegas Motel ・ (07) 5599 0399
- River Retreat Caravan Park ・ (07) 5524 2700
- Coolangatta Sands Hotel ・ (07) 5536 3066
- Iconic Kirra Beach Resort ・ (07) 5618 8500
- Coolangatta YHA Back packers
- Pelican on Marine Kingscliff ・ 02 6674 5744 (Book through Booking.com)
- Peppers Salt Resort Kingscliff ・ 1300 092 876
- Salt Private Appartments (Book through Booking.com)
- Hideaway Kingscliff・ 1300 611 393
- Cooks Endeavour Motor Inn ・ (07) 5536 5399
- Point Danger Lodge・ (07) 5589 8611
- RBA Holdays – Rainbow Bay
- Iconic Kirra Beach Resort・ (07) 5618 8500
- Coolangatta Sands Hotel・ (07) 5536 3066
- Ocean Shores Motel・ 1800 668 179
- Oasis Byron Bay・ 1800 336129
- Chalet Motel Bruns・ 02 6685 1257
- Belongil Fields Conference & Holiday Centre・ 02 6680 8999
- Kingscliff Accomodation・ 02 6674 5744