Byron Bay, Here to Stay, Bluesfest 2020, All the Way!
Picture this…it’s 1990 and the setting is the iconic Byron Bay Arts Factory. Bluesfest is kicking off for the first time. Four days with 1,500 Blues music fans each day. And 30 years later we’re still here!
It’s All About the Vibe
There’s just something magical about Byron. It’s where Bluesfest has its musical roots. A place that brings people together to enjoy live acts. And we’re here to stay for 2020. Byron Bay is all about the vibe and the welcome sign on the way into town has got it right: Cheer Up, Slow Down, Chill Out.
“The vibe created by the crowd here at Australia’s most awarded music festival is unique to Bluesfest and I believe it’s due to our fantastic patrons,” says Festival Director Peter Noble. “It is one which is now famous overseas. Artists come here to surf, chill out and enjoy the beautiful nature in the local area.”
Bluesfest brings over 100,000 music lovers to the Rainbow Region each year, supporting local businesses from cafes to shops and accommodation.
It’s time to start planning your Byron break! We’re looking forward to a stellar line-up in 2020. Five days, five stages of musical fun under the Byron sun.
Come and enjoy the best that our beachside paradise has to offer…
Top 10 Things to Do in Byron
- Do the lighthouse walk – Take a stroll around the Cape Byron Lighthouse track through coastal rainforest with spectacular views.
- Stop for street buskers – Stop and listen to the amazing talent busking on Johnson Street who could one day be on the Bluesfest stage.
- Chill at the beach – Take your pick of one of Byron’s stunning beaches with white sand between your toes and turquoise waves.
- Hit the Byron markets – Browse the Sunday markets with its colourful characters and handcrafted goods.
- Have fun in the sun – Get out on the water with surfing, paddle boarding or kayaking with playful bottlenose dolphins.
- Shop until you drop – Take a look around the incredible shops around town like Spell with its stunning boho chic looks.
- Find your bliss – Get in the Byron spirit by rolling out a yoga mat or finding your bliss with a guided meditation.
- From paddock to plate – Fill up a basket with delicious fresh produce straight from the farm to your plate at the Byron Farmers Market.
- Dive or snorkel at Julian Rocks – Get your fins on in an underwater wonderland with sea turtles, eagle rays and grey nurse sharks.
- Watch the sunset – Sit back and soak up the beautiful sunset over the sea with a mountain range backdrop topped off by Mt Warning.
And finally, check out the Byron Bay Brewery at the Arts Factory, where Bluesfest enjoyed its humble beginnings… and look at us now!
We’re proud to support local Byron artists! From acts who’ve made it big, to upcoming artists at the Bluesfest Busking Comp, there’s musical talent to be found on every corner. Just take a look at Xavier Rudd, Bobby Alu, Miss Renee Simone, Hussy Hicks, Haley Grace, Brotherhood of the Blues and Lucy Gallant, amongst others.
Artists from all over the world love to come and visit our popular holiday destination! So, what about you? See you next Easter!
Where to stay
Camp with us on-site for the full Bluesfest experience or check out the local accommodation options from cute B&Bs to luxury resorts.
Want more info?
Join us over the Easter Long Weekend from Thursday 9 – Monday 13 April 2020.
• More information and lineup (Dave Matthews Band, Crowded House, Patty Smith and her Band, Lenny Kravitz and more) available here.
• Tickets are available here.
All pictures by Tao Jones Photographer