Camping at Bluesfest
Hello to all you Bluesfest Campers! We look forward to welcoming you to our 25th Anniversary Bluesfest 2014!
The dates for Bluesfest 2014 are Thursday 17th of April to Monday 21st of April 2014 – Easter Long Weekend.
Make sure you register as a Member on the Bluesfest website to receive first-hand information about Bluesfest 2014.
Camping Onsite at Bluesfest
Camping right in the heart of the Bluesfest home at Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm is the way to go!
All campsite areas are located on the grass fields adjacent to the Festival grounds, where the musical adventure takes place. The campground offers a general store, laundry, toilets and showers. Shuttle buses will run from the campsite to/from town (Byron Bay).
Buddy Packs - Now on sale!
This ticket gives you and a chosen partner the 5 Day Festival Experience including Season Camping at a reduced price. A Buddy Package will include a camp site, which will give enough space for a reasonable sized 4man tent and a car or small van (like one of the famous Wicked vans, but no large campers).
Camping Adult Ticket
The season 5 day camping will allow you to camp for 6 nights / 7 days from 10.30am Wed 16th April until 2pm Tuesday 22nd of April 2014. Adult tickets start at the age of 15. Please note you will need festival ticket to purchase your camping ticket and days must match ie a Thu/Fri/Sat festival ticket will allow you to purchase a Thu/Fri/Sat camping ticket.
Camping Child Ticket
Children under the age of 6 are free. Children between the age of 6 and 14 have to be in the supervision of a Responsible Adult. Children under 15 will not gain entry by themselves and will be asked to leave if found by themselves. An Adult can take up to 4 children to the Festival. You will not be able to purchase a child ticket without an accompanying adult ticket.
Available to 5 day festival and Camping ticket holders only. For a hassle and stress free Bluesfest, book your accommodation in one of the popular Tent Motels – pre set up tents, complete with an awning, carpet, 12v light, and stretcher beds and roll up windows– all you need to bring is your bedding.
Please note: You will need a 5 Day festival & camping ticket to purchase your Tent Motel.
Large Canvas Tipis will be available for those who want to try a unique, premium accommodation experience. All Tipis are pre-assembled, so you just have to arrive and check-in, just like a hotel.
In 2014 there are two types to choose from: the larger group Tipi that comfortably sleeps up to 6 people, perfect for a family or a group of friends, or the 2 – 4 person Tipi, perfect for the romantic couple or those who don't like to share.
Each Tipi includes comfortable single mattresses, a floor, a table and a LED lantern- just bring your own bedding.
In order to book and access your Rainbow Tipi please call the Bluesfest office 02 6685 8310.
Tipi’s are available to 5 day Festival and Camping ticket holders only.
Feel free to give us a call and we can help you over the phone.
Due to the capacity limitations at Tyagarah, there are only a limited amount of Tipis available, so book as soon as you can to avoid disappointment.
- 16 foot Tipi sleeps 2 – 4 people at $770.00 for 5 day Festival and Camping Ticket Holders only
- 18 foot Tipi sleeps 4 – 6 people @ $890.00 for 5 day Festival and Camping Ticket Holders only
Some (necessary) info about Camping On-Site at Bluesfest:
- Camping is sold on a per person basis, not per campsite.You will be allocated your camp site on arrival and given enough room to set up.
- Only one car per camp set up is allowed, please don’t bring more than one vehicle. If you have to have more than one car onsite your extra vehicle will have to be parked in the day car park which may incur a daily fee.
- 5 Day Campers are allowed entry from Wednesday April 16th from 10.30am till 10pm (no campers will be allowed to set up their campsites after 10pm each night).
- Everyone entering the campgrounds is required to have a festival ticket as well as a camping ticket that matches the days of the festival ticket they have purchased.
- NO SAVING SPOTS - Please arrive together to camp together
Warm clothing; All weather footware, gumboots etc; Mozzie repellent; Sunscreen; Bedding, - blankets and pillow, even if you have bought a Tipi or Tent Motel; Food; Good Vibes
- You cannot bring opened water bottles into the festival grounds.
- Basic food is available from the General Store at the Campsite
- Each day the festival opens at 12AM. Food is available at the stores
- There is No power to any of the camp sites,
- Phones can be charged at the cloak room for a small fee.
- No Glass allowed in the camping area.
Bluesfest Camping Terms and Conditions 2014
This ticket is sold by Bluesfest Services Pty Ltd (ABN 76 146 130 501 ) who is responsible for the Event. The following conditions are both of sale (including any resale or subsequent assignment), entry and attendance at the camping site and the Event.
'You' and 'your' refers to the customer. 'We', 'us', 'our', 'Bluesfest' and 'Event organiser' refers to Bluesfest Services Pty Ltd its employees, contractors, volunteers and authorised persons. This agreement means these terms and conditions and any other conditions specified by us on our website and booking forms.
IMPORTANT: All the terms and conditions of your Festival ticket shall apply to this camping ticket; so please read those conditions in conjunction with this camping ticket.
1. The whole venue is a GLASS FREE ZONE, so please bring no glass items as they will be confiscated. Please do not bring glass into the camping area, broken glass and festivals do not mix, consider your fellow humans feet.
2. The campground is an ALCOHOL FREE ZONE and is unlicensed and our liquor licence states you can only consume alcohol on the actual Festival site. Do not consume alcohol within the campground. Please be aware of this policy and show respect to other festival patrons. The quiet and order of the festival campground and its neighbourhood will be maintained. No parties will be allowed in the camping area. Breach of this condition WILL result in eviction without refund. After all, everyone needs a good night’s sleep, so all that Bluesfest has to offer can be really enjoyed.
3. Camping sites are allocated on arrival. Each person must have their own photo ID and ticket ready to present to Bluesfest staff. Tent sites are allocated when you arrive by our very efficient camping staff. You are not able to save spots for friends. If you intend to camp alongside friends you must meet up beforehand and arrive together. Please remain with your car & tent until you have been registered.
4. Camping tickets are sold per person. Camping tickets are not transferable; you cannot share it with other people. Camping tickets are exchanged for wristbands which are non transferable and must be worn at all times for the duration of the festival.
5. You do not have an unlimited amount of space for your camp setup, a reasonable sized tent for the amount of people staying in that tent only, will be allowed. eg: four adults camping then a 6 man tent is deemed reasonable. Please call the office on 02 66858310 if you are unsure whether your tent setup is suitable.
6. Camping tickets are separate to event tickets. You will need two tickets, one to camp and one to gain entry to the festival. You cannot purchase a camping ticket without having a festival ticket; the two tickets must match up eg: if you have a Saturday-Sunday-Monday festival pass you must also have a Saturday-Sunday-Monday Camping pass.
7. All 1 day and 3 day campers must only arrive after 10.30am on the first valid day stated on their camping ticket and must depart the campsite by 10am on the day their ticket becomes invalid.
8. Entry for set-up and arrivals to the campsite closes at 10pm daily. Please arrive and set up before 10pm.
9. Your person, possessions and motor vehicle will be searched for prohibited items including ALCOHOL, GLASS, WEAPONS, ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES or any item the Event organizers consider may be used in an illegal or offensive manner and may be confiscated. Refusal to consent to a search WILL prevent entry to the camping ground without refund.
10. Due to limited access to/from the campsite and to avoid traffic congestions, only one vehicle may be parked next to your tent - car pooling is advised. Vehicles will not be allowed to come and go from the campground. If you do need to move your vehicle for any reason, you will not be able to bring it back inside the campground, at which point you will directed to park your vehicle in the Bluesfest car park , this may incur a small daily fee. There will be plenty of shuttle buses going to the nearby towns of Byron Bay, Mullumbimby, Brunswick Heads, Bangalow and Ballina on a frequent basis. Blanchs Buses are offering a great special to Festival attendees.
11. The season 5 day camping will allow you to camp for 6 nights from 10.30am Wed 16th of April until 10am Tues 21st of April 2014.
12. NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING ALLOWED IN THE BLUESFEST CARPARK!! No campervans or wicked vans will be allowed overnight in the car park; if you want to camp onsite you must buy a camping ticket or stay at a campsite nearby. The car parks are patrolled hourly; any attempt to camp overnight without a ticket will result in a $50 fine.
13. On departure of the campsite please make sure all your belongings, camping equipment and vehicles are removed.
14. There is an extra charge for those bringing Winnebago’s, large caravans, camper trailers due to the extra space that they inevitably take up. MORE INFORMATION on extra large vehicles soon.
15. There will be separate designated camping areas for 5 day, 3 day and 1 day camping. Therefore, if you are arriving with a group and the members of your group have different camping ticket types, you will not be able to camp next to each other.
16. In your camp area there will be a designated Camping Marshall who will be available for any questions you have, or to help you with other needs. If you have any problems please don’t hesitate to contact your Camping Marshall in your area.
17. Animals are not permitted on the camping or event grounds.
18. Open fires are not permitted. We have Fire Marshalls on site that will be checking your setup to ensure safety. We do allow gas burners for cooking and gas bbq's.
19. Security personnel and Bluesfest camping staff will undertake regular patrols of the camping area. Security phone number will be on your wristband, don’t hesitate to call it.
20. The use of fireworks in the campground or festival site is strictly prohibited. Any person using fireworks will be ejected from the campground and the festival.
21. Bluesfest is an all weather Festival. The Festival will go ahead Rain, Hail or Shine.
22. Please respect the site and your fellow campers. Any unruly behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in your removal from the site. 24 hour security is on hand to ensure the safety and amenity of all campers.
23. The promoter or venue shall not be held liable for any loss, theft, injury or damages sustained entering, or on the site. Don’t leave valuables in your tent. Lock them out of sight in your car, or even better, do not bring laptops, jewellery or expensive items to the Festival – do you really need them?
24. Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced.
25. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Bluesfest be resold at a premium or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods and services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket will be refused admission.
26. Bluesfest Pty Ltd cares for the environment and community. Please be respectful and place any litter in the recycle or other bins provided around the venue. Be waste and water wise - thank you.
27. No drums are allowed in the camping area. No excessive noise and amplified music after 1am. For further information or Festival Terms and Conditions please click here
Register for 2014 Tickets
By signing up to our members area you will receive exclusive access to special ticket offers and general updates direct to your inbox about all the latest Bluesfest news. Already a member? Update your details and have a chance to win!
The 1st Boomerang Festival was held at Bluesfest’s home, the Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm on the October Long Weekend, October 4th - 6th 2013
Byron Bay Accommodation
If camping is not the thing for you but you would like to stay in the area then please check out Byron Bay Accom on www.byronbayaccom.net or call 02 6680 8666.