BLUESFEST IS SAYING GOOD BYE TO DRINK TICKETS!
Goodbye drink tickets! We are replacing the drink ticket system with a new payment experience - RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) wristbands that will take your festival experience to the future! Your RFID wristband gives you Festival access and becomes your digital wallet for all drinks purchased at any of our 7 Bluesfest Bars!
Please do take a moment to read the following detailed information to make the very most of this great experience.
How does it work?
Your wristband has an RFID chip attached to it which will be activated on your arrival. If you are going to have a drink at one of the many Festival Bars, which no doubt you will (note to all under 18’s - this does not include you), you will pay for all drinks using your RFID wristband.
If you have been to Bluesfest before, you will find the ‘Top-up’ Stations at the same locations where you used to purchase your drink tickets. Now you are loading money on to your account (which is linked to your wristband), rather than walking away with a bunch of designated drink tickets. You will be able to purchase any drink you like!
You can make a purchase at any Bar on site by double-tapping your wristband at one of the 7 outlets, the amount spent will then be automatically deducted from your account balance. If you run out of credit, you can just 'top-up' your account again by visiting one of the 'Top-up' Stations or using the Bluesfest mobile app. Of course any leftover money will be refunded to you after the event.
Please know that the only form of payment accepted for purchases at all 7 Bluesfest Bars will be your RFID wristband - you just double-tap to pay!
Note: RFID wristband purchases apply across the 7 Bluesfest Bar outlets and are for 18+ years plus only. All other outlets, including Food & Market stalls, Coffee and Water stands as well as the Merchandise / CD shop outlet still accept cash, credit or debit card.
In further detail
To pay using your RFID wristband, you will start by ‘topping-up’ and loading money to your account at one of the many 'Top-up' Stations located throughout the festival site - think of it like a pre-paid account. There will be a one time $3.50 activation fee for your first purchase only.
What are the benefits of RFID wristbands?
- Faster transaction times
- Shorter beverage line-ups
- No need to fumble in your pockets for drink tickets
- No need to hit the ATM machine
- Less risk of losing your wallet and money
- Better control of your budget and spending (you choose how much to top-up)
- Digital receipts (registered users get email notifications)
- Super convenient (your wristband is on you at all times)
- Worry-free experience and more time to enjoy the event!
You can top-up your account in two convenient ways:
- Via the many ‘Top-up Stations’ located throughout the event grounds
- Via the Bluesfest Mobile App and 'topping up' on line, by registering your account below.
Ready to begin your RFID wristband experience?
Click the link below and follow the instructions to create your personalized account.
CREATE AN ACCOUNT
How to register your wristband
Please know that you don’t have to register your wristband to purchase drinks at the Festival but should you have money left on your account afterwards and want to receive your refund you must register and keep your wristband. This can wait until after the Festival, however it does not take long to register and there are some great advantages of doing it before the Festival.
- Receiving Email notifications of all your top-up and purchase transactions
- Tracking of your on-site purchases
- Automatic refunds after the festival (for any leftover credit from online top-ups)
- Apply for refund after the Festival (for any leftover credit from on-site 'top ups' at 'Top up' stations).
- If you ever lose or break your wristband, we will be able to cancel and re-issue you a new wristband and transfer your account balance if you are registered
Step 1 (pre-event) - create your account
- Click this link to create your account.
- Click “Register” to use your personal information or use an existing Facebook account to sign up.
- You will receive an email from Bluesfest Byron Bay asking you to confirm your registration by clicking the activation button in the email.
- Follow the instructions on the website to finish setting up your account.
Step 2 (on-site) - link your wristband
- Once you receive your wristband on-site, log in to your account.
- Click the “Wristbands” tab from the top menu and select “I have a wristband”.
- Enter the Security Code (shorter number) and Wristband Number (longer number) located on the back of the RFID tag on your wristband.
- Click “Add”.
Step 3 (on-site) - top-up your account
- Click the “Top-up” tab from the top menu then click the blue “Top-up” button.
- You will be asked if you want to “Enable Auto-Top-up” (see below for details). You can click “Maybe later” or “Yes, enable”.
- Enter the amount you wish to top-up, review your order and click “Checkout” when ready.
- Enter your credit card information on the payment site.
All unspent credit will be refunded back to you after the event free of charge. Please review our refund policy for more details.
Enabling auto top-up
The easiest and most convenient way to add credit to your account is to “Enable Auto Top-up”. With the “Enable Auto Top-up” feature, your account balance will automatically re-load $40 into your account when your balance drops below $20. The pre-paid amount will automatically be charged to your credit card and you will receive an email notification of this transaction.
Don’t miss out on the benefits of Auto Top-up:
- Optimal convenience
- You’ll never run low on credit at the festival
- Saves you time not having to visit a “Top-up Station” to top-up more credit
- Automatic email notifications whenever your account gets re-loaded with credit
BLUESFEST RFID REFUND POLICY
Online Top-ups – Leftoverfunds on your account that were purchased online will automatically be refunded back to your card within 10 business days after the end of the event.
On-site Top-ups – Leftoverfunds on your account, purchased on-site using cash, credit or debit, will require you to complete a Manual Refund Form in your online cashless account page. The refund will be made within 3 business days after receiving the completed form. Manual Refund Forms must be completed online by 8th May 2017.
NOTE: If you haven’t already registered your wristband online you must keep your wristband after the event to register for a refund.
RFID Wristband FAQ’S
We have collated a bunch of ‘Frequently asked Questions’ for you at the link below and hope they are of help. Please feel free to call the office on 02 6685 8310 should you have any questions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS