Charity Stall Application
Please read through the Overview & Terms and Conditions carefully before beginning your application via the link at the base of this page.
Welcome to the 26th annual Bluesfest Charity Stall Terms and Conditions and Application.
The Bluesfest team are proud to have established a reputation for providing a unique opportunity for reputablecharities to meet, discuss and raise funds for the selected charities during the festival.
Authorised Charity & Non profit Organisations are invited to apply for a coveted position as one of the nine charity stalls on site at the 26th annual Bluesfest to be held over the Easter weekend from Thursday 2nd of April to Monday 6th of April 2015 at Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm, Byron Bay.
Application forms are available at the end of these Terms and Conditions. Only applications submitted via the Bluesfest website will be accepted. After applying online you must also provide supporting material by mail prior to the application deadline.
All charity applications must include confirmation of a full team of volunteers available to attend the stall during the festival period which includes set up and pack down.
Please note that applications that do not supply information and confirmed staff will not be included in the application process.
A Bond of $300.00 (cheque only) is required at time of application. The cheque will be held as a bond only and not be cashed by Bluesfest before the Festival. Money orders and bank deposits will not be accepted.
The closing date for the Applications is 15th December 2014.
Note: You the applicant must be the registered and licensed representative and principal operator of the Stall. You the applicant must also be available on site for the duration of the Festival, including set up and pack down.
Bluesfest has strict standards in regards to ecological operations and will give preference to environmentally aware vendors. Bluesfest strives to use and support registered fair trading companies. Where applicable please always strive to use companies that are fair trade registered and companies which apply effective sustainable approaches to their products.
Selection of Stalls is based on the information you provide to us. Factors we take into consideration when selecting Stalls for Bluesfest include:
- You must be an authorised charity or non profit organisation
- Your team must be available for set up plus manage and pack down the stall on site after the festival
- Your team must be qualified in representing your charity and able to discuss and educate the patrons
- You must show and provide information and support material as to the purpose and goal of your stall and why your charity should be selected
Please include a thorough and detailed description of your Charity, products and previous Festival experience. Applications without photos and additional information will not continue through the application process.
All applicants will be notified by email no later than 1st February 2015.
If successful, you will receive a notification by email. You will be required to pay for the stall hire and will receive 6 x festival passes.
In the event your application is unsuccessful, your deposit cheque as well as other supporting information will be returned to you via the post.
Please note: The selection of Stalls are at the absolute and sole discretion of Bluesfest management and all decisions are final. No further correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants.
The location of Stalls on the site depends on various criteria (ecological restrictions, products offered, security, etc) and will be decided by the Festival Management.
All Stalls and floors will be supplied by the Festival with the costs of the stall hire included in the fee. One 10amp outlet will be included at no additional charge.
c. Stall Dimension is limited to 3m x 3m unless combining with another charity then maximum size is 3mx6m.
d. Visual Appearance.
A colourful decoration with friendly atmosphere in a manner that compliments the Festival and reflects the Charity is encouraged. The Stall must be clean and presentable at all times.
e. Boundaries of the nominated site must be observed and goods, equipment and supplies are to be displayed within this area. It is not acceptable to encroach onto the walkways with products. All racks, umbrellas and tables must be part of and attached to the actual Stall structure and must not impact the pedestrian thoroughfare or impede on the neighbouring Stalls boundaries.
Everything in or around the Stall must be securely anchored and capable of withstanding strong winds and weather conditions. Any damage to the stall or floor incurred during the festival will be at the stallholders expense.
One 10 amp outlet will be provided per charity stall at no additional charge. Bluesfest operates generators, which use bio diesel, petrol or diesel. Electricity for Charity Stalls is for evening/night lighting only. All Stalls are asked to keep consumption to the absolute minimum.
h. Electrical equipment
The Stall holder will provide their own lights, leads and power boards fitted with circuit breakers; the equipment must be water resistant, named and maintained above ground.
All lights must be in safe working order and all leads are tested, dated and tagged by a registered electrician.
Any damage caused by electrical over-consumption/overload or misuse will attract penalties or forfeiture of bond.
(Note: Bluesfest electrician will not repair faulty Stall equipment)
i. Fire extinguishers
ii. All stalls must have a tagged and dated fire extinguisher and fire blanket located within your stall area at all times.
5. Goods Sold
a. General: To reduce duplication, only goods that are listed on the Charity Application Form can be sold.
The organisers reserve the right to prohibit offensive goods from being sold or displayed on site and will remove any such material from the Stall that may offend or cause trouble with police or infringe copyright.
Bluesfest Management has overall control of signage, material or products sold or displayed at the event.
The use of Bluesfest Pty Ltd name and logo is prohibited.
6. Dates and Times
|Site Registration & Access times:
||Tues 31st March 2015, times will be allocated individually.
Access to the site once registered is between 9am & 5pm each day
9am -11am on 2nd April 2015
|Festival Stocking/Restocking Times:
||8am – 9.30am, All cars off site.
||Thurs 17th April 9am - noon, Fri 18th - Mon 21st April 7am - 9am
|Final pack down:
||Tues 7th April 10am - 5pm
* All Stalls must be closed by 11.30 pm each day
* Charity Stalls are invited to operate until 11.30pm. However if this is not appropriate for your stall a reasonable time for closure of the stall can be arranged directly with the stalls manager.
7. Site Restrictions/Regulations
- Stalls must ensure a safe work environment as per NSW Safety regulations.
- Stall holders are personally responsible for any damage caused by them, the staff or the property on site.
- Stallholders to take direction by theStalls Manager and site crew and management.
- Bluesfest, Council Officers, Fire Safety Officers and S
security reserve the right to inspect Stall premises at any time and request presentation of all relevant documentation.
- Bluesfest Pty Ltd will not be liable for any damage what-so-ever that is the result of implied or expressed breaches or mal-practice of any level of Government Authority or Festival regulations.
- No parking on site during set-up and pack-up.
- No camping within your stall area.
- No vehicle access allowed during Festival Hours.
- No deliveries by truck or forklift.
- No children under 18 are to be on site during set up or pack down at anytime. Any stallholder arriving with a child will not be given access to the site during this time.
- No driving on grass slopes.
- Do not drive faster than walking pace.
- No amplified music.
- No pets or livestock.
- No alcohol, glass or aggressive behaviour is permitted within your stall, camping area or event site. Any stallholder found with alcohol on their persons whilst on duty or within the stall parameters will incur loss of bond plus immediate closure of stall and instant removal by on site Police and security.
You will be provided with your staff wristbands upon arrival and induction to the Festival site on wed 16th April. Wristbands are not replaced without a cost. It is the Stall Holders responsibility to provide all personnel with their wristbands and copies of the OHS and site rules before the opening of the Festival. All staff must carry photo ID and wear the wristbands at all times during the Festival. Staff without wristbands will be removed from site. Lost wristbands will not be replaced and repurchase will be required at gate price. Broken wristbands will not be replaced without the broken wristband.
Charity Stalls are provided with 2 Manager festival wristbands & 4 daily wristbands within the stall fee. Any additional staff passes will attract the standard stallholder fees. This fee scale is included in the Application form. It should be noted that tickets are not refundable or replaceable.
Please help to conserve precious resources, reduce all retail and bulk packing and/or remove it from the site and dispose it correctly.
The Bluesfest site is a GLASS FREE Zone.
Only biodegradable paper or cloth carry bags are to be used.
No garbage is to be left at the Stall after Final pack- up.
Any garbage left on site or damage to the stall or equipment provided will forfeit the returnable bond.
This is a waste-wise event and the Festival site is a glass & disposable plastic bag free zone.
10. Rules and Regulations.
· All Stalls including Charities are required to carry a Public Liability Insurance to the value of at least $10 million and must have Bluesfest Pty Ltd, ABN 87 061 705 119 noted in the policy as an interested party, indicating coverage until after the lead-out for the event.
· All Stall holders must cover their workers with a Work Cover Insurance policy in accordance with the Work Cover recommendations.
· Copies of the Certificates have to be forwarded as soon as possible, but not later than 3 weeks prior to the Festival.
· It is the responsibility of Stall Holders to possess adequate Property Damage Insurance for their own property used at the Festival
b. Safety Regulations
· Stalls must ensure a safe work environment as per NSW Safety regulations.
· Stall holders are personally responsible for any damage caused by them, the staff or the property on site.
· Stallholders to take direction by theStalls Manager
· Bluesfest and Council Officers reserve the right to inspect Stall premises at any time and request presentation of all relevant documentation.
· Bluesfest Pty Ltd will not be liable for any damage what-so-ever that is the result of implied or expressed breaches or mal-practice of any level of Government Authority or Festival regulations.
· No alcohol, glass or aggressive behaviour is permitted within your stall, camping area or event site.Police will be on site and will remove any stallholder found with alcohol on their persons whilst on duty or within the stall parameters
Licensed security guards patrol the grounds from 1.00am to 7.00am (times to be adjusted on Set-up and Pack-up days). Stall holders may take stock/equipment each night (it is suggested that you remove valuables).
All effort is made to secure the site but no responsibility will be taken for loss or damage to any person or goods whether or not that loss, damage or injury arises from the negligence, staff or agents of Bluesfest Pty Ltd.
An area for Stallholder parking will be available on site. Parking location will be advised once you arrive on site for set up. For general Festival parking details please visit our website www.bluesfest.com.au
It is the Stall holder’s responsibility to book his/her accommodation. No camping is permitted within your Stall. An area will be set aside for Stall Holders to camp in but is only available to Stallholders who live outside of the Byron Shire area. The reduced fee applies per person and must be booked and paid for as part of this application total fee. Due to space limitation early booking is essential.
NB No alcohol or glass is permitted on or within your stall or camping space. Failure to comply will ensure instant removal from the site by security and or police plus loss of bond.
14. Fees and Charges
a. Charity Stall FeesThe stall fee will be charged to cover the costs for the stall and floor structure.
b. Owner/Staff Fees.
Charity Stalls are provided with 6 x festival passes only. Any additional staff passes will attract the standard stallholder fees. This fee scale is included in the Application form. It should be noted that tickets are not refundable or replaceable.
c. Stall hire will be provided by Bluesfest at a fee of $715.00 inc GST per 3x3m stall with floor included
d. Electrical Power charges are included in the Stall fee.
e. Garbage fee is included in the Stall fee.
f. Deposits/Bonds are required from all Stalls. A deposit cheque for $300.00 is due at time of application and will be held as a bond once the application is successful. In case of unsuccessful application the cheque will be returned, together with the supporting material.
NB If any damage is made to the stall by the occupants the stall manager must be notified immediately. Failure to do so will incur instant loss of bond.
At the conclusion of the Festival the Site Manager will inspect the Stall areas and provide a report indicating the release/withhold of the bond. Bonds will be returned soon after the Festival. Any forfeiture of bond or deducted fines will be explained in writing.
15. Communication. Unless stated otherwise, all communication is via Email or telephone. Stall holders are required to maintain a permanent and reliable communication with the Festival Stall Manager. Delayed response to urgent matters may cause deletion from the Stall holders list.
16. Invoicing. Tax invoiceswill be issued by Bluesfest Pty Ltd for payment and will be sent to you via email.
Paymentsare to be made by cheque only to Bluesfest Pty Ltd.
Please post all payments to
Bluesfest Pty. Ltd
P.O. Box 1606
Byron Bay, NSW, 2481
Once your application has been approved stall hire must be paid within fourteen days to secure your stall position.
Any cancellations by Stall holders
a. after application and up to 30 days prior to the Festival will result in the bond being retained.
b. less than 30 days prior to the Festival will result in forfeiture of the bond and an additional 50% of the total site fee. If a Stallholder is unable, due to weather or any other force majeur event, to conduct and operate their Stalls, Bluesfest Pty Ltd has no liability or obligation to refund their deposit or Stall fees.
In case Stall holders breach this agreement in any way, Bluesfest Management reserves the right to terminate this agreement forthwith and take possession of the Stall area without notice to you.
The Festival Management reserves the right to cancel or expel any Stall holder or staff at any time.
Complete Charity Stall Application Now