Be Quick: 5 Day Ticket Sale WILL End This Week!
We have had a lot of fun putting together some fascinating facts and figures from Bluesfest 2015 and now it’s time to share them with you!
Keep reading to find out who created the biggest stir at the artist signings, how many coffees were consumed over the 5 days, how many photos the media photographers took and many more tidbits for your enjoyment!
We also have a very important ticketing update for those of you who have not yet locked in your tickets to Bluesfest 2016 to be held from 24th – 28th March 2016, so make sure you read ahead for this essential information.
Important update from our ticketing department:
The very popular 5 day ticket sale will end after this Sunday 17th of May if the allocation is not sold out beforehand – Hurry!
It’s all happening in the Bluesfest ticketing world! Since we last reported our famous 5 day Pre-Early Bird tickets were over 90% sold out, they have now passed the 95% mark! 5 day tickets have been selling like hotcakes!
Please note: Tickets will be going up in price significantly and there is even a chance tickets will be taken off sale completely until our first announcement very soon.
You can currently save at least $280 off the full price if you purchase your 5 Day Festival Adult ticket right now- don’t miss out on this great price, as it will not return!
Right now it’s only $375 p/p for the entire 5 days of Bluesfest (is that really only $75 per day? – yes it is!) and our biggest seller, the 5 day Buddy Pack (2 Adults festival and camping) is only $1,180 for the lot ( that’s only $118 p/p per day for festival and camping – wow!).
BUY TICKETS NOW!
VIEW TICKET PRICES!
- 2015 Festival Attendance totalled 105,475 over 5 days.
- Bluesfest hosted 89 bands, a total of 908 artists and their tour party members.
- Bluesfest also reported a successful touring season which featured 29+ artists, 250 tour party members and over 126 performances across Australia & New Zealand.
- 52 vehicles were hired to transport artists & guests during the festival.
- 1433 workers and over 600 volunteers contributed to the success of the festival.
- The volunteer department reported a massive 40%+ return rate of volunteers this year!
- 2418 surveys were completed in 2015 (380 more than 2014- thanks everyone!)
- A total of 2476 nights at hotels around the country were booked for Bluesfest Touring and Festival only artists.
- Bluesfest featured over 100 food and market stalls.
- The Hon Tony Burke, The Hon Wayne Swan and the Consulate General of Canada, Mario Ste-Marie were just some of the dignitaries who attended the festival.
A WORTHY CAUSE
- There were 10 charity stalls at Bluesfest 2015.
- Autism Spectrum Australia gave away over 2000 bottles of bubbles to young and old to raise awareness of Autism, which they calculated to be well over 1 million bubbles blown over 5 days!
- The Cystic Fibrosis Guitar Raffle raised a whopping $50,000 at Bluesfest 2015, making the amount raised to date at Bluesfest an impressive $424,000!
- 1580 artist meals were served by the 5 star Bluesfest catering department over the 5 days.
- 4337 catering meals were served to the hard working Bluesfest crew.
- 600 serves of char grilled steak was served back of house.
- 496 kg of coffee was consumed over the 5 days of the festival equating to approx 40,000 + cups of coffee.
GREENING THE BLUES
- 800 litres of oil from Bluesfest was recycled into bio diesel.
- 2.5 tonnes of Organic food waste was given to a local pig farm.
- 4 tonnes of leftover food was donated to a homeless shelter.
- Over 40 “bin ya butts” pipes were put around the site.
SOCIALS & MEDIA
- The Bluesfest onsite media team coordinated over 174 artists on site interviews and helped program 16 hours of airtime for Community Radio Network, 4 hours of ABC Gold Coast Drive & 4 hours of the ABC National Network during the festival.
- 124 media photographers onsite took on average about five thousand shots.
- Bluesfest socials had an increase of 25,535 Facebook followers, 2600 Twitter followers and 5610 Instagram followers compared to 2014!
- 67 radio interviews, 86 print & street press interviews, 18 online blog/website interviews and 12 Q&A emailed interviews were completed by our touring artists before they touched down in Australia and New Zealand!
AND WHAT ABOUT THE ARTISTS?!
- Nikki Hill, Pokey LaFarge, Charles Bradley, Mariachi El Bronx and Melbourne Ska Orchestra created the biggest buzz at the artist signings this year!
Artist collaborations were running hot in 2015:
- Jack Johnson made a surprise appearance at the festival and joined various sets with G.Love, Jake Shimabukuro, Donavon Frankenreiter, Kristy Lee and Zac Brown Band along with Trombone Shorty, and Keb Mo.
- Keb Mo and G.Love joined Playing For Change.
- Festival Director Peter Noble joined the Melbourne Ska Orchestra set along with Ranking Roger of The Beat.
- Kasey Chambers (not on the bill) joined the Bluesfest Busking Comp Winners Grizzlee Train on stage.
- Declan from British India, Donavon Frankenreiter and Marlon Williams joined RocKwiz live!
- Michael Franti introduced his Soulshine – Music and Yoga tour to Bluesfest in 2015 and thousands of people enjoyed a mass yoga acoustic jam on Easter Monday!
- 3644 artist suggestions for 2016 were recorded at the festival. Watch this space to find out if your suggestion has been booked for 2016!
- Alabama Shakes, Charles Bradley, Gary Clark Jr., Hozier, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Nikki Hill, Mariachi El Bronx and Kristy Lee were mentioned the most in post festival reviews & many of these artists made their Bluesfest debut in 2015!
- Nikki Hill, Matt Andersen, Beth Hart, Trombone Shorty, Alabama Shakes, Melbourne Ska Orchestra, Serena Ryder and David Gray all sold out of CD’s at the festival!
- Zac Brown Band, Hozier, Michael Franti, Gary Clark Jr and Xavier Rudd were also the hottest sellers at the merch tent!
- Grizzlee Train, the romping stomping roots duo from the NSW Central Coast took out the title of the Bluesfest 2015 Busking Competition!
- Hoo8hoo, a young male duo from the Sunshine Coast won the Grommets category of the Bluesfest Busking Comp.
- The Godfather of British Blues John Mayall and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Mavis Staples were the first recipients of the Bluesfest Shining Star award in 2015, honouring their music and relationship with Bluesfest!
BUY TICKETS NOW!
Your friendly Bluesfest Team, who are always happy to take your call on:
(02) 6685 8310